Senior Project Manager
Framestore is a global leader in computer graphics. You may not know us, but you might know our work; such as the film 'Gravity', for which we won an Oscar and BAFTA for Best Visual Effects.
This role is for a senior project manager / technical producer at Framestore’s Labs department.
The candidate will be responsible for managing fully integrated projects from the brief inception to final delivery and solving problems along the way. The candidate for this position needs to be commercially savvy and lead successful collaborations between internal teams and external partners to execute the technical aspects of the projects (hardware and software systems) as well as the creative process within time and budget.
You will need to have a good understanding of the best- practices in various types of content production, software development, and the basics of hardware procurement and installation. You will champion the most effective ways of working to ensure we are delivering the best quality product for our existing and new clients.
At Framestore Labs we are constantly working on improving our current systems and building new products so it is important to be flexible with the ever changing requests from the clients, be able to quickly adapt to changes in the working pipeline and need to be ready for other adjustment to the processes along the way.
You will own and develop trusted client relationships and build some fantastic new partnerships during your time at the Labs.
You will work with the wider delivery team and junior project managers and constantly work on the most effective and sustainable way to deliver creative and technical work.
- You will be responsible for scoping and estimation with your project teams. You will ensure all requirements have been carefully considered and prioritised, risks have been mitigated against and there is an outstanding level of clear documentation (SoW, Budget, Project Plan and Resource Plan).
- You will manage a collaborative project team to ensure we are delivering work to an excellent quality level
- You will show a good understanding of practices in various types of content production, software development, and the basics of hardware procurement and installation and you will implement the best practice across a full range of integrated productions and delivery workflows
- You will showcase strong adaptability skills and continuous willingness to flex, learn and problem solve (no matter the challenge) when faced with a broad range of projects and products.
- In support of Global Head of Production you will assess all new briefs to ensure they meet the business need, validate the commercial viability and help suggest the delivery approach / methodology accordingly.
- You will help lead and manage the operational infrastructure for the portfolio of projects which will include financial tracking, change requests and scope creeps, develop status and risk documentation and team resourcing.
- You will continue to add value throughout the project lifecycle by continuing to problem solve and demonstrating a strong level of control and production knowledge to drive creative solutions and maintain excellent client satisfaction rates.
- You will drive successful team collaboration and bring together multiple specialist disciplines. You will actively manage communication tools across a portfolio of projects and mediate against any conflict to ensure productive morale and clear direction on the common objective.
- You will oversee junior members of the team to ensure they have the right level of project support and troubleshoot against delivery challenges.
- Plenty of examples of end to end projects delivery and full integrated production experience (strategic + creative development, content production, digital assets / software development hardware procurement and installation , UAT testing, innovation and experiential).
- 6 years+ experience working within a top global digital agency or post- production house in a production or project management (or equivalent) role.
- A track record of problem solving and a can-do solution attitude.
- Highly motivated, collaborative and entrepreneurial.
- Plenty of experience with managing production partners and suppliers
- Strong ethos to deliver innovative, creative solutions that have the client’s needs at the heart.
- Highly articulate communication skills (verbal and written) and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate with authority, good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Understanding the different processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
- Experience of managing projects above £500k+
- Management of multidisciplinary teams: Strategy, UX, Creative, Editorial, Design, Technology and QA.
- Passion for cutting edge creativity and innovation.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.