Framestore is seeking to recruit a Senior Rendering Engineer to strengthen its core Rendering team.
The Rendering team develops and supports the software used for rendering our production quality visual effects and includes our in-house renderer ‘Freak’, state-of-the-art shader libraries, and artist focused rendering tools that are used globally across all of Framestore’s film projects.
We are looking for someone to help us push visual and technical boundaries. You’ll help drive the rendering technology that delivers the fidelity, complexity and quality of current and future projects.
• Research, implement and architect cutting-edge rendering techniques that help deliver complex, technically challenging visual effects shots.
• Build relationships with supervisors, key artists and production stakeholders to help identify features and workflows that improve the quality and efficiency of rendering.
• Design and implement new features, with a focus on scalable, robust, high performance code.
• Identify, profile and optimise render scalability issues in production.
• Test, debug and extend existing code, with a focus on quality, reliability and maintainability.
• Contributed to the development of an existing commercial or open source renderer, and/or the publication of computer graphics related research.
• 5+ years in VFX, games or animated feature production. You’ve assisted shows, tested, debugged and profiled artist-facing software.
• A comprehensive theoretical understanding of rendering technologies, such as light transport, sampling, shading and geometry.
• Formidable, practical, problem solving skills.
• A strong background in software engineering, including architectural design, high performance computing and low-level programming in C/C++.
Optional skills and experience
• Excellent organisational and commutation skills, working proactively within teams.
• Strong knowledge of the mathematical concepts underpinning rendering, such as geometric optics, calculus and numerical integration techniques.
• Comfortable in a Linux development environment and experience with Git.
• Knowledge of Maya or a similar 3d package.
• Experience working with USD.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.Optional skills and experience