Senior Systems Engineer (Windows)
Framestore is a world leader in visual effects and animation across Film, TV, Commercials and Immersive. Having won multiple industry awards for our work, Framestore is now looking to bring the same level of excellence to our real-time Engine capabilities.
Framestore is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our London team. The focus of the role will be to drive forward the global Microsoft Windows projects and the Linux integration at Framestore.The successful candidate will be responsible for future proofing Windows infrastructure to cope with the ever evolving working landscape. The role will initially require the leadership of Active Directory and Windows UEM/configuration management upgrade projects. The role requires extensive knowledge of Microsoft products, architecture and best practices.The role includes elements of project management, communication across other departments, the delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules.
- Take a leadership role in the development of Microsoft infrastructure with a focus on Active Directory and UEM/Configuration Management technologies.
- Develop core global Microsoft infrastructure to accommodate the growing more diverse mix of on-premises, cloud and remote workloads.
- Work closely with the Global Systems and development teams to continue the integration of Microsoft servers and workstations into a predominantly Linux environment.
- Lead the windows application deployment and maintenance efforts for game engine focused artist and development teams
- Manage and support existing Windows environment with a focus on stability and security
- Mentor Systems Engineering staff on Microsoft OS Administration and best practices.
- Help to develop policies and formal documentation for systems and processes.
- Provide senior escalation point for Microsoft related systems support issues
- Lead Windows maintenance and automation project and initiatives.
- Research and evaluate emerging relevant technologies and services.
- Construction and workflow required to maintain a test domain deployment
- 5+ years of experience working in a Microsoft Systems Engineering role
- Extensive experience with Active Directory design, architecture and management for enterprise-scale deployments
- UEM/Configuration management design and deployment experience (SCCM, Intune, Ansible or VMware Workspace ONE…)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) or MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) or equivalent certifications.
- Scripting knowledge for automation (Batch, Powershell and/or Python)
- Expertise in deploying and maintaining business critical applications and solutions
- Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP deployments and best practice
- Experience with GIT, Agile methodology and working within CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of working with Jira, Confluence
- Experience with maintaining, migrating, and supporting a cloud-based deployments
- Experience with cloud based solutions around compute, storage and network
- Experience with Vmware and Linux based infrastructure
- Experience with LDAP, SSSD SAMBA and Kerberos
- Experience with Docker container and Kubernetes
- Experience with SSO services (OKTA, Auth0)
At present the initial role will be remote only due to the current pandemic.
Once all London Services return to normal then the role will be an onsite one so ideally the candidate needs to be able to commute into Central London easily.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.