Oscar, Bafta and Emmy award winning Visual Effects house Framestore is looking for a talented and focused Systems Administrator to join our team as we work to deliver post-production on large scale feature films.
The Systems team is responsible for designing, installing, maintaining and troubleshooting the technology infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, storage, networking, workstations and rendering. It also includes the various software elements around both the core operating system(s) and the various application layer components that are deployed upon that framework.
Being apart of the Backend team, part of your role will be to support and mentor the Frontend team. You are encouraged to propose and work on (and sometimes lead) projects that will advance the technology framework. This includes elements of project management, communication across other departments, the delegation of tasks and coordination of schedules. Your daily duties include maintenance on applications, OS, hardware, monitoring resources, troubleshooting and documentation. You will partake in an on-call rotation, providing out of hours support in case of a show stopping issue.
- Fluent in a Redhat based OS for both workstation and server
- Strong self-guided problem solving skills
- A commitment to teamwork, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
One or more of the following:
- Networking (Layer2, Layer3 including dynamic routing and VPN tunnels)
- Windows Systems administration and deployment (WDS, WPKG, WSUS)
- Storage configuration and management (monitoring, allocating and troubleshooting)
- Configuration Management
- NIS, NFS, autofs administration
- VMWare and/or virtual server environment administration
- Active Directory Management
- Scripting language (tcsh, bash, python, perl, ruby)
- Postgres and/or MySQL database management
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.