Systems Support - IT
Our Systems team supports the latest in Visual effect software (e.g. Nuke, Maya, etc.), data management, OS configuration, render farm maintenance, and workstation support, and much more, for a large number of Linux and Windows systems we use globally.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in being involved in a creative environment and wants a career within IT to join us.
We will train and help develop your necessary skills to pave your way towards a Systems career which may include becoming a Systems Administrator or DevOps Expert.
If you think you will enjoy working with a team that has a large global presence, want to learn and develop on the job, and become a part of a team that helps support the creation of some of the best Visual effects in Cinema, then look no more. Framestore awaits you!
The Role and Responsibilities:
- Workstation configuration support (hardware and software)
- diagnose and replace hardware components and will learn how to configure and deploy workstations on a large scale
- Workstation relocation and provisioning
- Preparing computer for new starters according to their profiles
- Responsible for managing assets and loan equipment.
- Troubleshooting issues raised from incident and support requests via a modern ticketing system (Jira).
- Interacting with artists on a daily basis, on the phone and in person.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Experience with Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac OS.
- Hands-on hardware experience; builds, upgrades, repair.
- Basic scripting knowledge (Powershell, Bash, or Python)
- Autonomous, resourceful, motivated, flexible & attention to details
- strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work well in a team.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favorable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.