Systems Support Manager
The Systems Support Manager reports to the Head of Technical Operations and is responsible for managing the level1 Systems Support team in a highly technical, and frequently demanding environment. Anticipating production needs, resource planning and prioritizing/coordinating staff development and training. This is a “lead by example” position and the ideal candidate will have hands-on experience.
The Systems Support Manager role requires the ability to delegate as much as it requires the ability to roll up your sleeves and dive into technical challenges. Working to help facilitate the goals and objectives of the Head of Technical Operations, the Systems Support Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Systems Support team maintains high standards in technical skills, problem resolution, clear communication, and industry best practices. The ideal candidate will be able to translate organizational direction into the specific team and individual job expectations, managing performance through effective monitoring, coaching, and feedback.
- Manage the service desk; ticket queues, delegation, workloads, response times etc.
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed processes and procedures.
- Manage the support shift and cover rota, including out of hours.
- Work closely with all direct reports, to develop their skills both individually and as a team so they can provide the best service.
- Manage training progress and mentor junior support staff.
- Analyse trends and identify change for more complex issues. Escalate to seniors or other technical domains if and when necessary.
- Review processes, identifying alternative solutions and recommending new approaches.
- Provide support when ticket resolution is not progressing at the expected pace.
- Ensure documentation for supported components is relevant and available for the teams.
- Liaise with technical domains to ensure the handover process for new processes and equipment meets support requirements.
- Organise information and resources effectively.
- Communicate/liaise with producers and other department heads on behalf of Systems Support when necessary.
- Support the Head of Technical Operations with other duties in their absence or as required.
- Works closely with production schedules in mind to ensure systems support is available when required.
- Lead morning systems catchups, keeping tech teams updated with daily going on.
- Communicate regularly with support managers from other sites, sharing knowledge and keeping processes in sync.
- Cover technical support duties if and when needed
- Service desk management (Jira preferable)
- Supporting large environments (500+ users), across multiple sites
- Strong communication
- Mentorship and training
- Leadership skills
- Engineering skills
- Project and resource management
- Strong documentation
- VFX industry experience
- Linux and Windows platform support
- Active Directory management
- Configuration management and automation
- VMWare environment administration
- Networking, Storage and Systems monitoring and administration
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.