Technical Artist - Virtual Production
Framestore Pre-Production Services is looking for an experienced Real-Time Technical Artist to join our flourishing London team. Technical Artists (TA) are responsible for working alongside developers, Visualisation and VFX teams in devising and implementing real-time rendered content for feature film and episodic productions.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of art, animation and virtual production and VFX pipelines in addition to the content creation pipeline in Unreal Engine.
- Work with the VP supervisor and real-time TD to deliver high-quality real-time art in Unreal Engine by creating shaders, lighting and particle effects.
- Work with character and environment artists on asset build and look development.
- Be well versed in lighting techniques in Unreal Engine and instruct artists in lighting best practices.
- Optimise content through profiling and enhancing performance with the help of diagnostic tools and instructing the artists on modelling and texturing best practices.
- Collaborate with programmers to develop and test new features, prototype shader code, and provide useful feedback during R&D.
- Show a demonstrable level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and artistic skills.
- Create and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of workflows, processes and tools.
- Support the VP Supervisor and TD in onset virtual scouting and camera sessions where necessary.
Required Skills / Experience
- Extensive experience working with Unreal Engine - Blueprint, Sequencer, Editor & real-time lighting
- Strong 3D art skills with experience in optimising modelling, texturing, rigging, animation, shading, lighting and particle effects for real-time workflows.
- Strong understanding of PBR workflow and shader programming.
- Experience with Maya and or Houdini
- Comfortable in a range of content creation software including Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines
- Ability to work in collaboration with multiple teams
- Strong communication skills and knowledge of film language.
- Experience with Unity
- Experience with VR/AR authoring in Unreal
- On set experience
- Positive attitude towards learning and sharing
- Extremely organised with excellent attention to detail
- Deadline oriented; able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to solve problems as they arise and remain calm in high-pressure situations
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.