Unreal Engine Trainer
Framestore is an Oscar winning studio that has created some of the best and most iconic scenes in film. We are looking for an Unreal Engine trainer in our London office. We are incorporating Unreal into various areas of our company and our artists require training, from basic to advanced. In partnership with Epic, we are embarking on FUSE: Framestore Unreal Shot Engine. We are developing a pipeline to use Unreal to create film / high end television quality work. Working alongside our pipeline TDs, you will learn and then teach these tools and techniques. You’ll create training to upskill existing artists in Unreal, create written and video tutorials, documentation and create learning paths leveraging existing materials alongside your own. You don’t have to know everything, but you will need to be able to get answers quickly and deliver it in a digestible way. This role answers to the Director, Global Talent Development based in London.
- Create and deliver training for Framestore Preproduction Services (FPS) and Environments teams
- Design a curriculum for the department in cooperation with the supervisors
- Curate and structure existing materials, both internal and external
- Build and supply training shots
- Deliver face to face training sessions
- Documentation and video tutorials
- Build, maintain and update Confluence space on Unreal training
- Create new tutorials, both written and video
- Support, organise and follow up on other members of the team creating training materials
- Create and deliver a training program for the short film team. Part of FUSE is to create a short film using the new pipeline, and you will need to train the artists who will be using it.
- Work closely with the developers of the pipeline to learn it as it is developed and offer feedback
- Build a curriculum for this project, which will become the basis of ongoing training to prepare artists to work on future projects in this pipeline.
- Create final set of training materials to be used for ongoing projects and share with the wider Unreal Engine Community
- 5 or more years working in Unreal Engine. Up to date on latest new features
- familiarity with film production and camera terminology
- A basic understanding the virtual production toolset (vcam, mocap)
- An understanding of animation and visual effects
- 2 or more years teaching either in university or industry
- Excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Experience designing curriculum
- Video editing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Additional Software skills
- Substance Painter / Designer
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.