Framestore is an Oscar, Bafta and Emmy award-winning global creative company working in film, advertising and content, with a focus on animation and VFX projects. We are looking for a strong junior to mid-weight web developer to join Framestore's software development team.
You will have the opportunity to work on greenfield projects and the enhancement of existing applications. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working independently or closely within a team, have strong communication skills and a passion for programming.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field.
- Experience with at least one popular web back-end framework like Drupal or Django.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks for SPAs, like AngularJS or ReactJS.
- A strong understanding of SQL (preferably MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- Attention to detail, from software architecture through to visual style and usability.
- Comfortable working within a team and using a version control system like Git.
- Experience developing RESTful/JSON APIs.
- General GNU/Linux experience.
- Experience of database schema design, debugging and performance issues.
- Working in an agile environment