The Previs Artist designs pre-visualised shots and sequences on a project basis. They work under the creative direction of the Visualisation Supervisor to define shot composition, staging, lighting and camera language including movement, lens choice and framing.
You will also need to produce technical information in diagram form or animated schematics - otherwise known as techvis - based on the previs.
Framestore’s Pre-production Services encompass concept art
, virtual production
, techvis and postvis, and bring together our unique mix of creativity, innovation and technical excellence, along with our deep understanding of the film-making process.
Required professional skills:
- Strong sense of cinematic composition and lighting
- Character animation (timing and performance)
- Camera animation
- Knowledge of cinematic language and technical terminology
- Able to work with motion and/or performance capture data
- Able to take and interpret creative direction
- Adaptable and accepting of creative change throughout a project
- Understand shooting methodology and can apply
- Understand the fundamental of techvis and Virtual Production
- Able to apply shooting methodology information to Previs to create technical solutions for production.
- Able to solve and design solutions to on set needs.
- Can translate CG cameras and animation to apply to real-life situations.
Preferred software skills:
- Autodesk Maya
- Adobe After Effects
- Unreal Engine
- Motion Builder
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.