Compositors seamlessly integrate all the layers or elements of a shot, including live-action and computer graphic elements.
Compositors work closely with Visual Effects Supervisors and CG Supervisors to composite the numerous elements that complete visual-effects shots.
- Working in collaboration with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Taking briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of colour space principles
- An excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Nuke
- A familiarity with stereo compositing and working with multiple render passes
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and problem solve
- An understanding of colour space principles
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.