Compositor - Film & Episodic
Framestore London is looking for a Compositor to join our busy Film team. The ideal candidate will have extensive technical and creative knowledge of compositing in Nuke, as well as a proven ability to work in a demanding production environment.
Please note- Unfortunately we are not able to take on graduates or junior level artists for this round of hiring. We do require experienced artists.
- Working in collaboration with Compositing Leads to evaluate the creative and technical approach to assigned shots
- Taking briefs and direction from Lead Compositors and VFX Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live-action elements to high-end visual effects film standard
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines
- Ongoing communication with Production and Leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- Working with a good knowledge of colour space principles
- Excellent working knowledge of and production experience with Nuke
- Working with multiple render-passes
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, colour and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritise and problem solve
- An understanding of colour space principles
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- Working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Experience in dealing and communicating with clients
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.