The Creature Supervisor supports the Global Head of Creatures and works closely with the heads of department across the film VFX division, to ensure the standard of our characters and creatures are state of the art and to promote consistency of techniques across shows in an inclusive and united manner.
The Creature Supervisor is expected to unite the talent we have and direct them to achieve better results by defining workflows, offering creative direction, and leading by example.
- Support Framestore to deliver the highest quality creatures in film visual effects.
- Work with the Global Head of Creatures to assess and identify key areas where Framestore's creature workflow could be improved.
- Collaborate and support the various asset departments, on a creative and technical level, to produce the highest level work efficiently.
- Collaborate with the Supervision team on shows, communicating current available approaches, potential areas for improvement, and any potential issues they may face.
- Collaborate and support the various asset departments in maintaining and defining the optimal handover points between them.
- Work with the Global Head of Creatures to identify and promote the integration of relevant show specific approaches into the catalogue of general Framestore workflows & approaches.
- Have an overview of the different challenges Framestore film faces in delivering high end creature work. Offer practical ideas and hands-on solutions when needed.
- Present cases for standards in an attempt to streamline high end character work and digital humans.
- Track current state of the art processes being deployed and developed around the world.
- Work with the Heads of CG/Heads of Software, investigate how our proprietary developments could help streamline character and creature work in the future.
- Work with the Global Head of Creatures to maintain and refine existing asset & reference libraries as they relate to creature work.
- Support crewing and recruitment teams by being available for interviews and events to promote Framestore's creature work.
- A proven track record in film quality creature and character work.
- Extensive production experience in a similar or relevant position.
- Experience in leading teams on VFX projects.
- Extensive hands on experience with modelling, rigging and rendering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to promote and initiate change.
- Scripting and coding in python or c++ would be an advantage but not essential.
- It would be helpful, but not mandatory, to have experience with Machine Learning approaches used in VFX.